One of the last places I went during my trip to South America was Machu Picchu. I went with an Irish Lass that was staying in the same hostel as me in Cusco. The trip ended up being relatively inexpensive, in comparison to what you got.
This is a light meal we were served.
Coffee, Quinoa, potatoes and cheese.
The train cut through the mountains. The distance from Cuzco to Machu Picchu was relatively short, but it took a lot longer because we had to move slowly.
Locals sold goods all over. This woman was at another train station.
Welcome to Machu Picchu!
Cutting through the mountains
Local woman working hard
First full glimpse of the site!
The only round building in Machu Picchu
"Room with three windows"
The Incas were amazing masons!
The process for cutting the rocks was amazingly sophisticated.
On the top of the mountain.
It felt like you were on top of the world.
These llamas stole my apple!
After he got my snack, he was a lot nicer.
This guy became my best friend after he stole my apple. It caused a lot of attention from the other tourists, and when they tried to pet him and get close, he ran away.
"Stairs"
Taking a break and enjoying ourselves.
I was a little scared of falling. I had to lean on the wall!
It was really windy! I almost lost my hat several times, and that would have been devastating to my skin!
Goodbye, Machu Picchu!
This was our last view.
We were only there one night, and of course I had to try Cuy! It was delicious, but I had a hard time getting the meat off the bones.
Back in the pueblo. This hat is "traditional"
Imperial avenue of the incas
Aguas Calientes
I got one of those llamas!
Sporting my official tourist look.
The train employees gave us a performance and had a fashion show.
This is the Mischievous God.
The views were breathtaking.
While our train was stopped, I looked out the window and saw these two little boys! They were so close, I was concerned for their safety. I had a pack of cookies and I wanted to give them to the boys, but I wasn't sure if it was socially acceptable to give them food.
After we got off the train, I met this little lady. I wouldn't usually pet stray dogs, but she seemed really sweet. I don't think she was actually a stray, because she was clean and seemingly well fed.

No comments:
Post a Comment