Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Note from Ruthie

Outside the exhibition; no photos allowed!

Saturday (February 25th) I went to London to attend the Ceramic Art London 2012. The exhibition was absolutely perfect and almost moved me to tears because it made me see that that is what I really want to do. I met a few potters/ceramicists at this exhibition. I talked to one woman for a while explaining to her what I like to make and what I am doing here for the semester. She was flabbergasted I was at a college that didn’t have any practical or studio courses. She even cursed a little if I do recall!

Ceramic Art London 2012 sign outside exhibition.

This makes me really want to push and get into the Swansea Metropolitan University. I need to get my hands on some clay again somewhere. I am probably pretty rusty now that it has been since the end of November that I have even wedged a piece of clay?! The exhibition was more than I could have ever imagined! I makes me want to be in it so badly! I bought a piece by Lowri Davies. She is from Wales so I saw it fit to remember my time here.

Here are some links to people who'd like to know more about where I visited:

  Royal College of Art
Lowri Davies' Website
Ceramic Art London 2012

Ceramic Mug by Lowri Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment