Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mille Guldbeck Exhibition in VAC Gallery

Mille Guldbeck's work will be viewable in the gallery October 15 thru November 3rd.  

Guldbeck is currently an Associate Professor of Art and Graduate Coordinator at Bowling Green State University in Ohio.  

She writes of her work, "I am engaged in a continuing dialogue surrounding the relevance of creating the handmade in a culture defined by the digital. I am particularly interested in changes of social structure, human‐to human, animal to human, animal to animal. Thoughts about fragility, strength, power and resiliency in relation to anthropology, biology, culture and collecting motivate my practice. I am interested in navigating the boundaries between these worlds in order to become immersed in a new kind of visual language that sometimes contradicts itself. My ongoing purpose is to prolong the act of looking; facilitating the understanding that what may initially seem to be random actually serves intention."


Improbable I by Mille Guldbeck

Loss of Perspective II by Mille Guldbeck



No comments:

Post a Comment